Autumn 2014 - Summer 2015
We need your help as a volunteer to assist in fund-raising and events. The current programme provisionally arranged for the charity's current year may be changed or expanded so please keep checking back on a regular basis - thank you.
November 1 2015 – Seafront Walk
Our last Activity Event of the year takes place on Sunday morning, 1st November – full details are attached below. It’s our Autumn Seafront Walk and we desperately want it to be a success as we raising funds for a special purpose. If you’re a fit person or aiming to be one, then you can start from Langney or start from the Pier if you fancy a perambulation. If you don’t fancy walking at all, then we also need help with the marshalling side. Once you get to Holywell, a Marshal will give you a voucher to get a discount in the café there.
Our aim is to raise £500 sponsorship money to buy the equipment to set up another saline unit.
During visits abroad it was unbelievably noticeable that many African hospitals cannot afford to buy Saline, so operating theatres are often forced to use a substitute or in some cases plain water, which can often have fatal effects! Consequently many operations are undertaken perilously or delayed for something we take for granted here in the UK! To overcome this basic problem, we decided to design our own saline making system by using two 30 litre urns, a video stack frame, hoses, tubes, water and salt. Not rocket science but a definite lifesaver! We’re now trying to get a few alterations made because we believe that once established this system could be replicated throughout Africa so saving many, many lives for a relatively small outlay per unit.
£200 buys two urns and another £300 buys the rest. The saline produced by these urns covers a couple of operations as a minimum and as the process can be repeated three times weekly, it means hundreds more operations can be performed safely each year from one unit. Hopefully you will agree that one saline producing unit [MTT style] would be the best lifesaving present for many people especially as the outlay price we were quoted is more than five times as much.
Please support us in this project by walking or encouraging others to do so. I look forward to seeing you on the day.
June 14 2015 – Triathlon
09.00 – 13.00 Sun 14 June 2015
- Now established as an annual Sunday morning event
- 4 legged race against yourself as well as others:
- First leg: Swim [any style] – 20 lengths of the DGH Social Club swimming pool
- Second Leg: 5 Km Cycle Ride from the DGH to Wannock Place, Polegate
- Third Leg: Cross country run through 5 kms of Sussex countryside
- Fourth Leg: 5 Km Cycle Ride from Wannock Place to the DGH Social Club
- Enter as an Individual [£10 per person]
- Enter as a Group of 3 or 4 [£7 per person] each doing one leg
- Participants are encouraged to obtain sponsorships for one or all legs
- Prizes are awarded for the Fastest:
- Male / Female / Group
- BBQ lunch selections available at reasonable prices
July 13 2015 – Summer Draw
Winners will be drawn on Monday 13 JULY 2015
Three interesting prizes to be won:
First Prize – An 8” Windows Tablet [Linx 8 model]
Donated by SME IT Solutions Ltd (www.smesolutions.co.uk)
Second Prize –Dinner for Two at the Thai Village Restaurant
Donated by Crane & Co Estate Agents (www.craneandco.co.uk)
Third Prize –Afternoon Tea for Two at the Grand Hotel
Donated by Thames Travel Ltd (www.thamestravel.net)
- Grateful thanks go to our sponsors for their generosity – so please support them for supporting us!
- More tickets sellers are needed – can you help?
WITH YOUR HELP WE WILL BE ABLE TO RAISE £££s FOR URGENTLY NEEDED EQUIPMENT
July 18 2015 – Music Night
19.00-22.00 Saturday, 18 July 2015
• The first of two popular musical evenings
• All the way from Essex – The Revival Band
• Browse www.revivalband.co.uk to see what fantastic music they play.
Entry only £10 per person
• Venue will be at Wannock Place, Jevington Road, Polegate
• Thirsty – we’ll have a Bar available at favourable prices
• Hungry – BBQ’d food will be available as well
If you know of any other events that Medi Tech Trust should arrange, please contact us.
View all upcoming events
The Trust gratefully welcomes the support of anyone who wishes to donate, volunteer, sponsor or participate in any of the Charity's activities, as this will greatly assist the Trust in continuing to organise successful training programmes in the future.
View all previous events